Proud to Support the Varkey Foundation
Our school community is proud to support the Varkey Foundation, our not-for-profit partner, who have committed to the following projects:
- Training Teachers to adopt a more student-centric approach in Uganda
- Supporting the professional development of teachers in Palestine
- Building the capacity of teachers in Kenya & Lesotho to teach science, technology and mathematics to girls and women
- Rebuilding a school in the Kenyan slum of Kibera
- Providing clean water & toilets in 25 schools in Tanzania with Dubai Cares & Oxfam
- Establishing ten low cost science centres in India with Pratham
- Rebuilding ten schools in Pakistan that were destroyed by floods with Dubai Cares & Oxfam
- Providing schools meals to improve access to education in India
- Supporting the UNICEF ‘Schools for Asia’ programme in Philippines, Papua New Guinea, India, Nepal and Vietnam
We believe that by engaging with these projects, our students develop a better understanding of global development issues and the impact they can have in our world.
Our aspiration is that for every child enrolled at a GEMS school, we impact the lives of 100 underprivileged children in our world.